OPENING HOURS UPDATE:
The Advice Service reception will be closed on Wednesday 29th June. Our phone line will remain open between 13:00 and 16:00.
Our reception will be open as normal on Thursday 30th June.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
The Advice Service office and reception at 25 Gordon Street is now open for Term 3. Our reception will be open between 13:00 and 16:00 every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Advice Service is offering advice in-person, or via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft Teams.
To contact our advisors, please use our contact form - please allow 5 working days for a response. You can also call us on 020 3549 5232. Our phone line will be open between 13:00 and 16:00 every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
How can we help?
We are a free, confidential and independent advice and support service. Our trained and experienced team can give you advice about:
- Academic issues - including extenuating circumstances, plagiarism and complaints
- Housing - including contract checks and housemate disputes
- Employment - including unpaid wages and part time employment contracts
- Money and Debt - including budgeting and welfare benefits
- Many other personal and university matters...
You can submit your query though our contact form - please allow 5 working days for a response.
We can also supply free condoms and sanitary protection for those students in need. Just pop up to the office to collect them.
Can we help you?
We offer advice to all students currently registered at UCL. Our service is also available to:
- prospective students who hold an offer for a UCL programme of study
- recent graduates where there is an ongoing matter relating to their studies, for example a student complaint or disciplinary issue
- students on interruption of studies with matters relating to their studies, for example returning to study and support to study
- We can advise UCL students who are also UCL staff on matters relating to their student status, however we will refer to a staff trade union such as UCU or UCL HR for any matters relating to their role as a staff member
If you are a UCL or Union staff member making an enquiry on behalf of a student, please email us at email@example.com
We are currently offering advice in-person, or via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft teams.
Appointments are generally available Monday-Friday each week. This includes the summer vacation period.
The Advice Service reception will be open between 13:00 and 16:00 every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Where to find us
Students’ Union UCL Advice Service
25 Gordon Street
You may find the following information helpful:
- Reporting Hate Crime
- Academic issues: