IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
The Advice Service is currently not offering face-to-face advice and our reception is closed.
You still have access to full support from our service and will be offering advice via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft teams.
We are not accepting incoming phone calls as our reception is closed. Please use the contact details above.
Can we help you?
We offer advice to all students currently registered at UCL. Our service is also available to:
- prospective students who hold an offer for a UCL programme of study
- recent graduates where there is an ongoing matter relating to their studies, for example a student complaint or disciplinary issue
- students on interruption of studies with matters relating to their studies, for example returning to study and support to study
- We can advise UCL students who are also UCL staff on matters relating to their student status, however we will refer to a staff trade union such as UCU or UCL HR for any matters relating to their role as a staff member
How can we help?
We are a free, confidential and independent advice and support service. Our trained and experienced team can give you advice about:
- Academic issues - including extenuating circumstances, plagiarism and complaints
- Housing - including contract checks and housemate disputes
- Employment - including unpaid wages and part time employment contracts
- Money and Debt - including budgeting and welfare benefits
- Many other personal and university matters...
You can submit your query though our contact form - please allow 5 working days for a response.
We can also supply free condoms and sanitary protection for those students in need. Just pop up to the office to collect them.
We are offering advice via email, telephone and video/voice chat on Microsoft teams. Appointments are generally available Monday-Friday each week. This includes the summer vacation period.
The Advice Service reception is now closed until further notice.
Our drop-in sessions are also currently suspended. We are looking into alternative ways of offering this service to students, and will update this page with any new information.
Where to find us
Students’ Union UCL Advice Service
25 Gordon Street
You may find the following information helpful:
- Reporting Hate Crime
- Academic issues: